It’s National Junk Food Day, and that means another excuse ― er ― day to indulge in all of your favorite junk foods. Let's be real. I personally don't need an excuse to celebrate (I celebrate at least two or three times a week), but at least today I can feel somewhat dignified for my regrettable actions.
If I had to line up my favorite junk foods, it’d go something like this: pickle (or cucumber with chili powder), chinese candy, flamin’ hot cheetos con limon (or xxtra hot, if available), watermelon or mango chile lollipops, and pulparindo candy. Throw in a chamoy or piccadilly raspa and that’ll seal the deal. Naughty . . . I know.
A friend recently sent us a recipe she discovered via Spoon University. The recipe for ― get this ― Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Crispy Treats is easy to make (just 10 minutes to prepare, plus an hour wait time), and it’s every Hot Cheeto fiend’s dream come true.
You can find the recipe below and here.
- 2 9-oz. bags Flamin' Hot Cheetos
- 10 1-oz. bags miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour Flamin' Hot Cheetos into a large bowl.
- Melt marshmallows and butter in a medium saucepan (approx. 3 – 5 minutes), then carefully add to Flamin' Hot Cheetos and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the 8 x 8 pan and spread using your hands. Set for one hour.
What are some of your favorite junk foods? Would you try the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Crispy Treat? Let us know in the comments below!